Guide to repairs
The purpose of this guide is to give you advice on repair should you tear or burn your artificial grass.
REPAIR TO JOINTS OR TEARS:
A detached seam or a tear less than 20 cm long are minor accidents if they are dealt with quickly.
To do this:
- Carry out repairs in dry weather.
- Vacuum clean the area to be repaired:
the backing to be repaired must be free of sand, rubber, mud, glue and any other unwanted materials.
- Clean the area.
- Cut a piece of Exelgreen pre-glued joint tape to exactly the same width is the area to be repaired.
- Apply the pre-glued joint tape under the artificial grass.
- Maintain pressure on it to ensure good adherence.
REPAIRING CASES OF CIGARETTE BURNS:
Cigarette burns harden the burned area causing the fibres to melt.
To repair damage:
- Use a wire brush and brush energetically to separate the fibres.
- If this is not enough, carefully shave the molten area using a simple razor, then brush.